Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My little Maggie Rose

I can not believe how quickly my Maggie Rose is growing up!  I thought it was time to document a glimpse into our world with her.  She now has 8 teeth.  The top 4 came in all at once and the two additional bottom teeth are making their way through the gums right now!
Besides a runny nose she has not made too big of a fuss about her teeth.

Maggie is full of life and quite the little kidder.  Each morning I go into her room and she plays a silly little game with me where she grabs her paci and her biggest blankie and lays down and waits for me to rub her back.  Then I rub her back and give her a little tickle and she jumps up, giggles and then moves her blankie to another part of the bed and starts over.  Unless I mention breakfast, this could go on for a LONG time! 

Maggie really enjoys eating and will eat more than anyone else in our family!  Only once in a blue moon she will tell me she is done, but mostly she just signs "more" and "Eat" over and over again!



She is not a fan of all of our water outings, but is starting to tolerate them more and more.  She usually finds the shallowest part of the water and enjoys licking up the water like a doggie!
The other night we went to a splash park and she seemed to like that a little better but after a little while she decided to head for greener pastures!

Maggie is very affectionate and loving.  Her favorite thing to search for is a lap that she can sit down in.  I dont think she minds much whose laps she finds as long as there is one around :)  She has started giving kisses when asked for one and it is so much fun to get them from her!  Even if she does give you some tongue with her kisses they are awesome! 

  Maggie has started to get more sleep during the day due to our new nanny that we LOVE so she and Annabelle are able to go to bed at the same time each evening.  That means that all 4 of us pile into Annabelle's bed for prayer time each night and we all exchange LOTS of kisses!  Annabelle and Maggie LOVE getting and giving kisses from each other and I LOVE listening to their precious giggles.  I wish I could see Annabelle and Maggie enjoying more special sister time but mostly Annabelle plays and Maggie just watches.  Annabelle does not really play WITH Maggie but I know she loves her little sister very much.  I pray that Annabelle will develop the skills to tolerate playing with her sister over the next few years but until then, I treasure each moment I see them playing beside each other or interacting in some way. 



My girl is a serious animal lover!  If she sees an animal anywhere is sight, she gets all excited and starts "talking" all about them!  My poor cat is chased around the house all day long but so far she has never been caught but Maggie.  I wish Makey would let Maggie pet her and sit down with her, but alas that is not in the cards.  Somehow she seems to have the same "fleeting" effect on all of the animals she encounters!


Maggie really is a sweet spirit and is at the stage where she really listens and obeys to most of what I saw.  I think it is amazing to see her looking for permission and guidance as she goes through her day.  She will start toward something and always gives me a little look of-"Mommy is this okay" before she continues.  I know the days of this obedience are going to be short lived so I am treasuring them as I see them now.  She is starting to push the limits these days and doing things I have asked her not to.  In the picture below she is barely touching the water and looking at me to see if it is ok.  So sweet....and disobedient at the same time :) 

Maggie does not have any words yet, but we find a way to communicate pretty well most of the time.  I am starting to teach her more and more sign language until her vocabulary catches up with her.  For now, she understands everything we say and is mimicking sounds she hears for words she likes. 

My dear sweet Maggie...you are such a joy to my life and truly make each day sweeter with your magical hugs and kisses.  You are loved beyond measure by your Daddy, your sister and your Mommy!  I pray that I can get to know you more and more over the next several years and unlock the key to your mind and heart so I can find the best way to teach you.
 

1 comment:

Nathalie said...

I love that last picture of her..so sweet! I also love when Maggie selects my lap even if she not particular about laps:) Thanks for sharing Amy!