Monday, March 29, 2010

MY Little Maggie Rose


This weekend, I got the priviledge of having my second child be my only child for a few days!  This has not happened since she was born and I was able to hold and spoil her all day long while Annabelle was at school during the day.  I knew some things about Maggie prior to this weekend, but I feel like I was able to concentrate only on her (and my husband) for a few days to really get to know her in a new way. 

One of the things I have known from the beginning about Maggie is that she goes with the flow very well.  During her first week of life, Italo and I were taking her to movies and to test drive cars and she did not mind one bit.  She happily waited until we had time to feed her, change her diaper or play with her.  SUCH A CHANGE from our first child who really wanted everything done exactly as the day before.  During the last 11 months, she has taken Annabelle's lead with what we were going to do everyday.  The saying, "The squeeky wheel gets the greese" is sadly very true in our house.  To make the house run peacefully, we often cater to Annabelle's needs as long as Maggie is happy.  Which is most of the time.   

The other thing I have known about Maggie is that she loves to smile!  She smiles with the slightest glance in her direction and it melts your heart.  She is so happy when people talk to her and happiest when people hold her.  She loves to give full body hugs and eats up tickles!

Some things I learned this weekend were that she does not like being the car by herself---she is used to Annabelle being in the back with her.  And she is not a fan of new places or new faces.  She is quite shy-which suprises me since she likes people so much. 

I also learned that she really has a lot to say!  She talked and talked to us this weekend.  She tried to mimic sounds we made and words we said.  This is very normal for a child her age, but when our chatterbox child is around, she does not even try to talk. 

The best suprise to me was that she is one of those dream children that sleep in when they are put to bed late!  Annabelle has NEVER done this.  If she goes to bed at 8:00pm, she is getting up at 7:00.  If she goes to bed at 10pm, she is getting up at 7:00.  Maggie slept til 9:00 on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  What a nice treat for a mommy who has not slept in past 7:00 in 3 years!

I have a lot to learn about you my sweet Maggie---I just need to listen to you more in the midst of the chatter of your family!  

No comments: