Saturday, April 25, 2009

What a wonderful feeling!!!

I hope you all have enjoyed all the hard work my wonderful husband has done with the blog and facebook while I have been relearning how to care for a newborn and recovering from surgery! I
am feeling great and Maggie Rose is doing perfectly! I was in quite a bit of pain early this morning, but then realized i had not had any hard drugs for quite a while-so we resolved that and I have been up and about this morning without any trouble at all.

Maggie slept great last night. I had a REALLY hard time waking her up to eat and staying awake myself while I constantly reminded her she was supposed to be sucking instead of sleeping last night, but I was so glad to learn that in between feedings so slept the whole time. The nurses said that had a baby boom yesterday and had an usually large amount of newborns screaming all around Maggie and she just slept! She was very alert last night in between her 8pm and 10:30pm feeding so I am sure that had a lot to do with it. I will be the happiest mommy ever if this cycle continues for the next few nights!

All in all, I have had a wonderful experience with Maggie-so different from Annabelle and I have enjoyed everything so much! It was the best thing in the entire world last night to have my complete family together. Annabelle was so cute with Maggie and was so snugly with me that I enjoyed those few hours more than most moments in my life. This morning Annabelle and Daddy got up exceptionally early and headed back to the hospital and the Frigolis spent all morning together in my room.

Annabelle was SO EXCITED to see Maggie this morning. She was running around the room asking for her so she and Daddy quickly went to the nursery to get her. I heard her little footsteps coming down the hallway a few minutes later and she came running into the room announcing that Annabelle and Maggie were here. It was a moment I WILL NEVER FORGET!!! She wanted to hold her, then she wanted me to hold her and then she wanted to see her toes and knees and such again. She was great with her! She has left to spend some time napping, but will be back this afternoon.

Our hospital offers the new parents a wonderful lunch of steak and lobster which Italo and I are going to enjoy in a little while so I better run to feed Maggie so we can enjoy our lunch.

By the way-I have a HUGE victory that I want to share with you just because I am so thankful that God heard my prayers and answered them. This is TMI so skip if you don't like knowing about breast feeding. But my bum anatomy has taken a turn and Maggie and I were a good team trying to make things works so I am nursing WITHOUT accessories--which means I will not have to pump until I go back to work!!!! This will be amazing and I am soooo excited to be able to have this experience since I did not with Annabelle. PRAISE GOD!!!

One more thing-look for an AMAZINGLY cute video of Annabelle and Maggie meeting each other last night. It is so cute!!!

1 comment:

Christi D said...

Wow, Amy, how cool! So glad to know things are going so well. Just sitting here with tears of joy and gratitude slowly running down my face ... so precious to know these little details. I love you and am so grateful to the Lord for what He continues to do in you and your family. What a joy and privilege to walk with you guys.
Have a wonderful day! - cmd