Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter!


Annabelle has an awesome book about an Easter Basket that she got last year for Easter. So this year I decided to try to recreate the colors in the basket so we could read it while she looked at the new treasures. Each item in the basket represents a part of the Easter story:
-The green is representing the palms that lay upon the ground for Jesus' arrival on Palm Sunday.
-The purple is representing the wine that Jesus and his disciples drank at the last Supper.
-The red is the blood that Jesus shed for us on the cross-PRAISE HIS NAME!
-The Brown represents the dark place that was His grave.
-The white represents the bright Angel who said "HE IS RISEN".
-The yellow is like the bright sun that reminds us of this Easter and all that our Lord has done!
Annabelle's favorite was the white bunny that hops everywhere and the yellow bunny that is really bubbles! She has grown to LOVE bubbles!
We had a great morning eating breakfast and playing with the items in the easter basket. We then got dressed in her pretty easter dress and drove 45 minutes to church---just to get turned away from the service---we were the next to the last car to make it into the parking lot :( So we drove 45 minutes back home and waited until it was time to go to my grandparents house for Easter lunch. Annabelle was happy because I broke down and gave her a paci and blankie on the way home---9 months pregnant and a SCREAMING toddler don't go well for me so I decided it was an Easter treat! I wish she would decide that she can tolerate the car for more than 2 minutes without fussing-but after 2 yrs of this-I have all but given up on that dream!
We had a wonderful Easter lunch with the family at my grandparents house. Annabelle was entertained by lots of folks while we tried to play a game of Catan. The good news is that we have more family members hooked on the game-the bad news is that I lost the game! O well, it was worth it to have more people to play with!
I then spent the evening having contradations and thinking I was really going to get an Easter baby after all-but after 3 hrs, I decided it was just a tease and went to sleep. 10 more days of contradactions for nothing is going to get really old---Come on Maggie---Let me know you want to meet me as bad as I want to meet you!!!!!!

No comments: