Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Baby Boot Camp Conclusions

Maggie's Favorite Activity
Sorry I have not been able to provide updates to our progress----not that anyone has been losing sleep as a result of not knowing----but we have had a busy week. Annabelle's day care provider took a week of vacation so Annabelle and I have been going on adventures each day so she does not get cabin fever at home all week. More on that later but I wanted to let you know that although I can hardly say that Maggie is on a schedule, I do think I have unlocked the secret to her success in having a better night sleep. Each day has been a little different-some better than others but I know that there is a time each day that Maggie is open to staying awake for an extended period of time during the day. On day 2 that was broken up for a chunk in the morning and some time in the early evening, On day 3 she slept ALL day-except for the feedings I forced on her-but then she stayed awake for almost 5 hours before we all went down for the night. It looks like she is not ready to give up her middle of the night feeding yet, but as long as I play with her as long as she will stand it as much as I can during the day, she will just wake up once to eat and will go 3-5 hours at night without waking up. The hardest part is that I never know what time of the day she is going to be up for playing and it is really tempting to out her in the swing or the bobby and let her go to sleep after each feeding---just so I can get things done around the house that are piling up on me. And to be honest-this part really makes me realize how selfish I am. I have such limited time with Maggie at this age and I can never get this time back-but I am willing to miss out on her smiles just so I can watch a tv show or play on the computer or do a chore. I know I have things I have to do and Annabelle needs attention and food has to be cooked and laundry has to be done, but some things I would rather do instead of playing with the girls do not HAVE to be done. I hate that I am so short sided when it comes to time with the girls-but I am just being honest! So-that is where we are leaving off with schedules and what I learned from the experience! We will see what the next lesson will be for me :)

No comments: