Sunday, February 15, 2009

Saying goodbye to old tires

The time has come again for new tires for the Frigoli vehicles. My car in particular has needed them for probably 3 months now, but I have been waiting for Inspection time to come around before I did anything about it.

I found a great deal on some tires are tire-easy.com. Head and shoulders above what any other tire store locally could do for me. So I purchased the tires, and they arrived the last Friday of January to the house. They look fantastic in comparison to my current balding set.

The idea was to have them installed on Saturday, but that didn’t quite work out as planned. Amy’s car ended up needing new tires as well, and the time needed to change my tires slipped away.

The more I thought about my situation, the more I really wanted to have fun with it. Amy and Annabelle were very supportive of the idea of burning through the old tires before putting the new ones on. On Friday after work we are looking for somewhere close by to do the burnout, but Annabelle was getting hungry and we called it off.

Saturday morning we decided on the place to do it. We went to breakfast, and then went to our secret location. Amy got out of the car and went to the side to take pictures, and we put up a tripod with the video camera to capture the event.

I’ll be honest – this was my very first time doing a burnout. I failed 3 times before getting it right, but here was the final outcome. Hope you enjoy the video as much as we did making it! :-)

No comments: