Monday, May 10, 2010

Then and Now

One of the reasons I was most excited about going to Santiago was because that is where Italo and I went for our Honeymoon almost 5 years ago.  We spent about 2 weeks there in a wonderful hotel room in downtown Santiago.  It was a magical time for us getting to know each other on a new level and I LOVED learning about the city that Italo lived in for about 5 yrs.  Since I was not able to speak the language he took really good care of me and I LOVED sitting back and letting him make all the decisions about how we were going to get some place and him ordering for me etc. 

This trip was different because we spend all of our time with our family and we had the small matter of 2 small kids to accompany us!  It was nice to spend time in Mom and Dad's house and the girls LOVED sleeping in the same room.  I am thinking we might just move them into a room together soon since they liked it so much---and we will get a guest room/play room out of the deal :)  We did not really do much on this trip that we did on our honeymoon but the final day we were there, we did visit the Santa Lucia castle in downtown.  When I told Annabelle we were going to a castle, she first said-YAY SAND.  Then I told her it was not a sand castle but a REAL castle and then she said-"I want to see the Princess!".  It took a while to get there that day and so we heard about the Princess and the Castle quite a bit that day!!

Once we got everything loaded up in the car for our departure that evening, we dropped the bags off at the church so we would have more room in the car as we drove around the city.  We then started the long journey of going around the castle.  It is quite beautiful and it brought back a lot of good memories of our time there while we were on our honeymoon!

Almost 5 years ago, I stood on these stairs looking at my husband and dreaming of the life we would share together.  I sat in front of this fountain with a wonderful man I was privileged  to call my husband and wondering what life would be like in 5 years


Now 5 years later, I sit on those stairs looking at my husband loving the life we have and sat in front of that same fountain with my girls wondering what the next 5 years will look like for our family.  The one thing that is FOR SURE is that I love my husband more today than I did 5 years ago and love the family that God has created in the 5 years he has allowed us to be together. 

Thank you Jesus for all of your blessings!

1 comment:

Nathalie said...

neat post Amy...what a pretty place too!